Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Who Knew?

These past few weeks have been so eye-opening! I keep finding myself saying, "huh, who knew?". Much of what I am in response to is what I had known before, but did not actually live in it, or really know it.

Most recently, actually TODAY, I learned that wisdom, understanding, and knowledge are creative gifts. I've included the notes from class at the end of this post. You'll see what I mean. What that means to me is that I suddenly make a WHOLE lot more sense. I have actually spent a lot of time being aggravated that I couldn't figure out if I was a smart person or an artistic person. So, I couldn't decide whether to follow the intellectual path or the artistic path. To add to that, I found that I really liked both tracks! Up until today's lesson, that confusion kept me tangled up in myself and unable to produce much fruit. The good news is.....they are all the SAME THING! Who knew?

With my new perspective, comes direction. My goal in coming to school was to focus on music, learn an instrument, practice voice and be able to lead worship effectively and passionately. I am now confident I can do that. Actually, I have become so focused on that goal that I thought I had to ignore my other artistic talents and curiosities. The good news is that I now know that all of those thing actually work together, and inspire and spur on one another. I'm learning that even my dreams can be expressed creatively, which is driving me, ultimately, to excel in my original goal. This last Sunday, at a service designed to release the arts at The Mission, I put my hands to clay for the first time. I sculpted a wing that I once saw in a vision. As I finished, the woman leading that table saw my wing and invited me to an artists gathering. Then, this morning, we had a similar service at school. I drew my first lion, with the hopes to someday draw one I saw in a dream. I didn't get to finish, but I can't wait to get back to it. For the first time, I feel like ALL of who I am fits into one me. REALLY GREAT feeling!

God did some amazing things last month. Through you! Thank you so much for praying for me and supporting me financially. $700 for tuition came in last month! I almost passed out! But wait, there's more! When I got here, I had no furniture of any kind. God spoke to me and said, "Terralyn, you will find everything you need in the trash." OK, cooooool. So far I've found a nice futon, a couch, 2 chairs, 2 table lamps, one touch floor lamp (complete with energy saving lightbulb), a tv/vcr, a new O'Cedar mop, a wicker trash bin, AND a beautiful jewelry armoir. I have always wanted a really nice jewelry armoir, but never thought to actually have one. They are pretty expensive! An assignment we had at the beginning of school was to ask God to show a character and nature of Him that was missing in our life. I chose abundance. And then, a few weeks later, I find a beautiful, perfect

condition jewelry armoir in the place God told me to look for what I need....in the TRASH! I believe God gave me this gift to let me know that He is abundance, and all that He is, is mine :)


For those who are praying for me, please lift me up in regards to missing family. I'm really missing my Ma, and it's torture being apart from Mariah during her first pregnancy. I was a bit spoiled the last 5 years, being close to my Dad, Mom, brother, sister and Mariah. And now I'm super excited to be learning more of who I am, so I have more to share with my family and everyone else. But now is also a time where my loved ones are far away all at once. I miss them!

Also, pray for the finances to fix my ailing car. We're getting into rainy season, so I would really love to have wheels! If you are planning to send support, please consider donating toward my tuition this month. My payment this month will be around $900, and I have hardly any of that! It's due the 17th. Then next month I'll have one more $850 payment and tuition will be paid! YES! Also, we are heading to Tanzania for the mission trip in April. The total cost for that is $3000. I'll tell you more about that as I learn more myself. If you send support specifically for my mission trip to The Mission, make sure you include a note letting them know the purpose is specifically for my mission trip. Remember not to write anything on the memo line!

Please send donations for tuition and missions to:

THE MISSION6391 Leisure Town Rd.Vacaville, CA 95687
These donations are tax deductible. Please do not write anything on the "Memo" portion of the check. Attach a note including my name and the purpose of the donation, "tuition" or "mission trip".

Please send support for living expenses and car repair to:

Terralyn Seilkop, 555 Elmira Rd. #103, Vacaville, CA 95687

Or send via Chase Quickpay to terralyns0@gmail.com

Thank you so much!

Class Notes:
Dano 11.10.10
Creativity comes from the divine nature.
Being creative is manifesting the divine nature. No other being can be creative. They can create, but they are not creative.
Being creative is pulling from the unseen realm, and making something new visible in the earth.
Genesis 1:27 – God made man in His own creative image.
“Let us make man in our own image and let Him rule” – creativity and dominion are linked.
Creative people have the most authority in the earth.
If you want to transform a nation or city, be creative.
Once you understand something, you should be multiplying it.
For your creativity to have influence, you have to be vulnerable.
Follow through is often the key to breakthrough.
Rule and subdue are principals for multiplication.
Creativity levels are representations of how in touch they are with their divine nature.
Creativity is not a mood or a muse; it is the foundation of your creation.
Creativity is fundamental to our existence, and we need creativity to resolve the issues we face in life.
“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” Einstein
Learn through obedience, rather than hardship. LISTEN while things are going well. Learn by the voice of the Lord, by the study of His Word, and by the fellowship of the brethren. Strip away the externals and be vulnerable before God.
Recognize the beauty and creativity in fallen people, and pull the God in them to the surface. Draw them with the kindness of God.
Your creativity is linked to your transformational ability.
World-changer is a lifestyle. Transformation comes through authority, influence and favor, which are gained over time. Live with a journey mentality, not a destination mentality.
Wisdom, Knowledge, and Understanding
I Kings 4:29 – leadership and workmanship. Exodus 31, 35, 36 – God gave Bezalel and Oholiab and every skilled worker the ability to do the work in the temple through wisdom.
Daniel 1:17 – God gave knowledge, intelligence, wisdom and understanding. Daniel 2:20 – God reveals the profound and hidden things.
Isaiah 11:2 – the Spirit of the Lord rested upon Jesus (wisdom, knowledge, understanding).
Proverbs 4:7 – acquire wisdom, get understanding. Wisdom is supreme, therefore get it. Though it costs you everything, get understanding.
Proverbs 3:23 – BUY the truth and get understanding.
Proverbs 24:3-4 – a house is built through wisdom, established through understanding, and filled with treasures through knowledge.
Wisdom is the foundation. The “idea”.
Understanding establishes the idea, puts the idea in motion. The “how”.
Knowledge is the grasp of the inner workings of the idea. The “what”.
Proverbs 4:8-13 – esteem wisdom, and wisdom will exalt you; hold on to it and guard it, for it is your life.
Multiplication comes from giving your “little something” to God. Never call your “little something” nothing. Bring what you have to God, GIVE thanks to God, and let it be multiplied through breaking.
Be relevant to both heaven and earth. Don’t compromise, customize. Take what is in heaven and put it in an earth package. The goal is to be an ambassador – being from one kingdom, and representing another.
People who transform territories are relevant ambassadors, who keep themselves relevant, successfully connecting the two kingdoms.
Proverbs 2:6 – the Lord gives wisdom; and from His MOUTH comes knowledge and understanding.
Acknowledge that God gives you wisdom, and ASK for it.
Ephesians 1:15-18, Col 1:9 – Paul’s most common prayer for NT believers is for wisdom, knowledge and understanding.
Proverbs 9:10, Col 2:1-3, Romans 11:33 – knowing God gives access to wisdom, knowledge and understanding.
Acknowledge that God is your creativity. When you release glory to something or someone else, you de-throne God in your heart and therefore de-throne yourself and your own creative abilities.
Creativity gives you the favor to fill, multiply and subdue.
You can’t transform anything you don’t respect. Before you can lead people, you have to “get” where they are.
Chadesh (Hebrew) – new - to restore; rebuilt
Creativity is both variation and innovation.
The value of the song is its’ power in the seeker place, not the marketplace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susie - Walking Butterfly said...

You can find gorgeous treasures in the trash! Who knew?? Ha! Love that!
I also love that you are posting the class notes. Even if others don't read them or get where the speaker was coming from, they will be great for your own reminder and the process of typing them up seals them in your heart and mind.
yay you! i am so glad you are here at the school!
susie

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that treasure in the trash is gorgeous! So awesome about everything God is pouring on you! MORE!!!! This was a blessing to read.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home