Wednesday, September 08, 2010

I'm in Ministry School!!!







Yeh!!!! I made it here alive and well. I suppose there is a lot to learn in the journey - since it took me a full week to get here! But I took some beautiful pictures with my phone. How could you not? This United States is so AMAZING!


God saved my life twice in Kansas. I affectionately have dubbed it "The continental Bermuda Triangle". On the far east side, I smelled something weird in my car. Just after that, I hit one of those blown tires on the highway and heard something snap. It was late that evening, and I had a feeling I needed to stop for the night. I spent the night at a Quality Inn and made an appointment at the local auto repair. I found out from the repairman that what I smelled was exhaust fumes leaking from my rusted mufflers into my car - while I was driving! I had wondered why God kept pressing me to keep my windows open! I also cut the ABS brake line with the tire. So, $150 later, I had two new mufflers and an awareness that I need to avoid braking quickly :)


I traveled several more hours, almost out of Kansas, when I tried to put gas in the car. Well, it poured right out of the bottom. Kinda hard to get to Cali from anywhere when the gas you put in drains right out before it even gets to the tank! I called the nearest Ford dealer and stopped by. I stayed overnight while waiting for the part, and finally got back on the road the next day after $430 went into the car.

Then the good part came - Colorado and on! ALL so beautiful :) I LOVE mountains, and the Salt Desert, and Lake Tahoe! Vacaville itself is scenic, with mountains and blue skies. So far so good!


School has been amazing so far. God has already spoken into my life and stirred my heart. I met Graham Cooke, and lots of other new friends. I have a cool new roommate named Sarah - how we met is a whole other AWESOME story - and we've found an apartment to share with two other students. And I think I found a job coaching gymnastics just a few blocks from our future apartment.

Please keep me in your prayers! I am REALLY short on cash, and need provision immediately. I'm looking forward to my new job - just need to make it through the meantime :)

Please send donations for tuition to:
THE MISSION
6391 Leisure Town Rd.
Vacaville, CA 95687

These donations are tax deductible. Please do not write anything on the "Memo" portion of the check. Attach a note including my name and the purpose of the doantion, "tuition".

Please send donations for housing and meals to:
Terralyn Seilkop
6923 Bittersweet Lane
Indianapolis, IN 46236

Or Donate through Paypal:





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home