Monday, February 12, 2007

I think too much on the weekend....

So, I've made a bit of self discovery this weekend. I realized that I'm trying too hard to fit in here (believe it or not!), and well, anywhere. It only adds to my daily stress and does nothing productive in my life. I have decided to give myself a break and stop trying to be such a hot shot. The truth of the matter is that I am not some super professional and I never wanted to be. I am singer whose only passion is to sing. I go to work to produce a healthy lifestyle for my child and provide her opportunities for success. Reality is that when she has moved on and grown up, I will pursue music, not an office profession. I will most likely get involved in full-time ministry or charity. That's who I am. I'm done playing a part that just isn't me. If I am going to continue to be a good mom, I have to shake some stuff off, and return to my core, and find my strength. I need to focus less on how to "climb the ladder", and more on how to play guitar, write music, and draw again. I know everyone else thinks the ladder is the best way to go, but if I'm going to climb, it's going to be toward my goals, not someone else's. In the next four years, Mariah is going to become more and more independant, and if I don't return to myself soon, I am going to find myself alone and unhappy when she's gone. Time is only wasted when you don't learn anything. I've learned a lot. And there's more on the way! So, if you see me ditching my suits in favor my classic "Terralyn" style, just smile.....the rose blooms one petal at a time, and you're watching it's beauty unfold. Oh...and check out how cute Mariah is....my little miss priss :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mona said...

I hear ya, girl! I feel the same way. One of these days, when it feels right, I'm bustin' out! I am not a professional, either. It doesn't feel real to me to go into an office and carry out a set of tasks that are meaningless to me. I need to play it safe right now, but my time will come. As will yours. Love ya, T!

8:38 AM  
Blogger JamiM said...

Hey you crazy kid! I have been trying to find you for AGES! Please email me!!!! I want to catch up! BTW, this is Jami Campbell from PTC, Georgia!!!!!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home